Now in it’s seventh year, the Bibiyan Family Philanthropic Foundation has accomplished much. With many awards, accolades, and causes supported over the years, the Bibiyan Family Philanthropic Foundation has selected Lyft as the recipient of the coveted award.
“It wasn’t an easy choice this year” Says Mr. Bibiyan. “However the impact Lyft is having with its new “Round Up” service should not go unnoticed.
About Round Up & Donate From Lyft
Round Up & Donate is a feature that lets you to round up a ride fare to the nearest whole dollar and then donate the difference to a charity of choice.
For example, if you have a $12.75 fare, Lyft will round up the total to $13. The difference of $0.25 will be donated to a worthy cause.
Charitable partners are carefully chosen to align with values that represent the Lyft community. Currently, Round Up & Donate partners include the USO in support of America’s service members, the Human Rights Campaign in support of the LGBTQ+ community, and the ACLU in support of individual rights and liberties.
About BFPF & Award The For Social Good
The BFPF Award for Social Good will be awarded annually to Social Media and High Tech companies that manage to leverage the social web and new media to effectively bring about meaningful change via charitable causes or other non-profit means.
- 2011 BFPF Winner: Ben & Jerry’s
- 2012 BFPF Winner: FairShareMusic
- 2013 BFPF Winner: give2gether
- 2014 BFPF Winner: IBM
- 2015 BFPF Winner: USAID
- 2016 BFPF Winner: Facebook
Guided by the belief that every life has equal value, the Bibiyan Family Philanthropic Foundation works to help all people lead healthy, productive lives.
Below please find a list of core values that are inherently significant to the foundation and its goals going forward.
- Innovation; We want to reward contemporary, high tech companies that use creative and innovative means to address social problems. We intend on giving out grants, awards, and additional accolades to companies or groups that fit. Ben & Jerry’s was the first company to be awarded the BFPF Award for Social Good
- Humanity; The foundation intends on supporting the most essential of humanitarian causes and organizations. The American Red Cross, and Glasser Pediatric AIDS foundation are two such organizations BFPF remains committed to.
- Spirituality; The need for spirituality in our society has never been greater. From all walks of spiritual and religious life, BFPF will continue to support causes rooted in helping the community reach its full spiritual potential. Chabad House of New York and California along with The Center for Buddhism in Los Angeles are just two such examples of organizations we pledge further commitment to.
- Liberty & Democracy; To support political movements that dictate liberty, democracy, and fairness for all members of society has become a pivotal point for BFPF and will no doubt continue in the future. Democracy Now, Common Dreams, and the Occupy Movements have all been supported in the past by BFPF.